Thursday, January 06, 2005

Teething... still

Oh, Libby! It was like old times last night. To bed at 6:30p but up at 8, 10:50, 11:40, 2:43, and 6:15. Poor kid, I know its the teeth. I would offer her the pacifier after giving a little formula and she would just mash her gums down on it, screwing up her face and snorting through her nose. Irritable, itchy gums. I kept the drugs flowing, Tylenol and Ibuprophen, but wow! What a terrible night.

It's a quiet day here. Got the kids in their snuggly outfits today. Izzy is wearing a big hand-knit sweater that my mom made him, and Libby has on a fleece jogging suit. I'm in my comfy pj's, no intention on changing anytime soon. :) We are under a blanket of new fallen snow here in Buffalo. 20 miles south of us has closed schools and day cares today. We're still in business, however. And it's beautiful. They say it should thaw by the weekend. But until then I'm gonna soak up the winter. It's my second favorite season, first being autumn. Might even put a fire in the fireplace today.

Our new home has a real wood-burning fireplace, full size, I believe (vs. a more decorative one). It also has a fenced in yard, a formal dining room, and a porch just begging for a swing or some rockers. I'm really getting excited!

Yesterday a great friend of mine came over to visit. I met Lori in Bradley birth class. She and her son, Milo, came over for a much-needed play date. Milo is one month younger than Izak, a bit shorter, very sweet and nurturing. He's into trains and bugs! So Mi brought Izak his very own crickets in a little bug carrier! There are four (poor, ill-fated) creatures in my care now. Izak immediately ran off with the apple that we were supposed to feed them, and has adopted the rocks as his "clouds." When I showed him that there were little, live animals in the carrier he started shaking the cage and attempting to throw it. I'm trying to rescue the crickets, shouting, "We must be kind to all creatures! Gentle! Gentle!" Matt suggested that we just turn them loose outside, which evoked this bizzare cry from me, "But they'll freeze to death! What an awful way to die!" As of now I think I'm the only one looking out for them; Matt's washed his hands of them and Z, thankfully, has forgotten that they're there for the moment. I'm thinking about naming them...

No comments: