Monday, January 10, 2005

Intoxicating

I am so thankful for the joy my children bring me. More often than not, I find such delight in their presence. Sure, there can be some challenging moments, but the beauty of my babies is something I fall head-long into. Not much else could top the heady feeling I get when the boy leans into my face, teasing, "Gimme a kiss!" Or when the girl gums and drools and grabs my cheeks in her pudgy hands, trying to chew on my nose! Ah! The softness of their feet, the scent of their hair... if I lost my sight tomorrow could I remember their faces forever?

God has been so kind to allow me the pleasure of mothering. The work is outweighed by the joy, and laughter outnumbers the tears.

I am also caught by the handsome strength of my husband, his grace and wisdom only adding to the pleasure of his presence. Even as our marriage has aged over 10 years, I'm excited by the results of the wine of our relationship. My husband is changing into an image that looks more and more like Christ, and that, girls, is very desirable! Once read an author that said his wife was most attracted to him when he helped her out with the kids' bedtime routine. I understand it now, especially when I think about how hard he works and how much he gives and gives throughout out the day. His ability to sacrifice for the children and me gives me such encouragement on long days.

I am so thankful for the sweet, sustaining experience of my family.

No comments: