Sunday, February 20, 2005

Sports Illustrated

I will be back into my Sunday routine when I have a chance to sit down and read my Sports Illustrated. Currently I am back-logged about three issues, so it's all old news. SI has my new address in IL but will take until mid-March to get it coming directly here. MY SI subscription from Matt was the grooviest Christmas gift this year. It also came with a free NE Patriots hoodie (which will be too big for me, BTW). I enjoy reading about the athletes, esp. football (college and pro), their stories, backgrounds, families. And the photography... ah! I used to look forward to going to my dentist's office because I could just sit, read, and study the pictures. I actually took the time to watch Smarty Jones race for the triple crown last year because the article was so endearing.

Today I ran out to the grocery store while Matt crashed and the kids napped. It was surprising how much time I could spend at the store and just drive home in two minutes, literally two minutes. It was nice to price shop and not tear through at 100 mph with two kids crying or begging for balloons. I prefer to not go ANYWHERE Sundays after church. Just stay home, rest, regroup, and savor time with Matt and the kids... did I mention rest??

I'm tired, so there's not much to say. I'm gonna turn in.

No comments: