Monday, February 07, 2005

Honestly

Had a great family day with the husband and children. Quiet, productive, together. Perfect. The "productive" thing will be less important as we move out of boxes and figure out how to organize this mess.

Yesterday was very special; Matt was installed as the new lead pastor at NWCC. It was a formal, thoughtful thing... a proclamation, a charge, a declaration. The only time anyone has treated Matt so officially was for his ordination 5 years ago, and that was a bit diffused because of the presence of several others. Thank you for being so thoughtful, elders. After service there was a killer potluck dinner, of which I didn't get to participate in until much later, due to melting children. Everyone was great, but I feel like I was struggling just to keep up with my toddler. One of my daymares has been that, unbeknownst to me, Izak would wander out the door of the church and no one would stop him because they weren't sure whose kid it was, weren't paying attention, etc... and he would be lost. I tried to keep one eye on him, but he did get past me; I couldn't see him, and, sure enough, I caught him exiting the church doors alone. That was it. I packed up the little ones and took them home with a babysitter for naps. Then I returned, able to concentrate on food and talking. Imagine that? Katie, you were great, thank you so much. And a sincere thanks to everyone at NWCC for such a generous welcome. The whipped cream on the cake is that we came home to messages on our answering machine from the Gobles and Musielaks... and THE PATS WON!!! My boys strung me along until the end, but (whew) they did it again. And let me say that all of the thoughtful references to our troops and veterans were so amazing. I spent the pregame bawling. Matt said to the kids, "Thankfully Mommy has asthma, and that the only reason that she's stayed home with us and hasn't joined the armed services." I tried to enlist (twice) in high school. The commercial of the troops coming home... again, sobbing. God bless our men and women in the military.

I'm brain dead today. Tired. A bit sad. Feel like I'm making headway on the boxes. Thankfully, the kids took a good nap and I worked for three hours straight. How in the world did we do this in our little house? Agh! I could work for days on end. I like working in peace and quiet. My mind is always doing a task different than my hands, working out some problem, thinking through options, reasons, rational. I have such honest moments while I work. God uses the distraction of my kinetic energy to get to my heart.

Think I'm going to turn in. All the kinetic energy expenditure is catching up with me...

No comments: