Thursday, March 03, 2005

Interpreter, please

I remember when Izak was little. He had started sleeping through the night, so we were using the Huggies Overnights for his night diaper. They held up really well for his 12 to 14-hour stretches. One evening I was out of my supply and hadn't had a chance to get to the store. I called Matt and asked him to pick up a pack on the way home. When he came home through the door lugging a huge pack of plain ol' Huggies (NOT Overnights) I was frustrated. "These aren't Overnights, they won't work," I argued. "Sure they are," he responded in all sincerity, "Look at what it says, 'Super Mega!'" It took a minute, but I then understood that he took that to mean the amount of pee the diaper would hold vs. the increased number of diapers in the packet. We had a good laugh. And then went out to get a pack of Overnights.

1 comment:

Matt and Heidi said...

You're killin' me!!!