Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Winter babies




And snow is falling... again. It seems like we've been locked in the house for months. I'm determined to have kids who will handle cold weather well (motto: the warmer they are, the longer they will play outside), but the wind chills have been below zero for several weeks. They're just too cute to freeze.

Birds at my feeders: purple finches, sparrows, finches, a downy woodpecker, morning doves (the C-130 of birds), juncos, and a swarm of european starlings (I think). NO CARDINALS.

Books I've been reading: Francine Rivers' The Priest, The Warrior, and The Prince. Currently in The Prophet.

My grandmother left me an inheritance. So, because of my husband's wise counsel, I bought a brand new piano! I take delivery on it on Thursday. It's a 44" console, hand-made in Europe by a company called Perzina. She's beautiful. Red ribbon mahogony. Fantastic company in downtown Waukegan that I highly recommend: Family Piano Company. They are outstanding!

My toes: pink polish with little hearts, purple and red. With sparkles.

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

As always... they are absolutely adorable!!

Please post a pic of the piano once it arrives!! I would love to see it! Enjoy it... :-) What a TREAT!

Pam said...

Beautiful, Heidi! Thanks for remembering to share the toe update as well : )