Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wall Words

My sister-in-law told me of a great website - www.wallwords.com. You are able to order transferrable, vinyl quotes, either from stock or create your own. This phrase has been on my mind for over a year now. It's my summary of I Samuel 15:22, which says, "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams." In other words, God delights in the follower who is quick to do what he/she has been told. He'd rather have obedience than sorrow and consequence for being disobedient. If you know what God has told you to do, do it, and do it quickly.

Sunday evening, at a congregational meeting, my husband announced his resignation from NWCC. Over the past four months God has been leading Matthew (and me) to this conslusion. I believe His timing, wisdom, and strength have clearly directed us to take this faith step. I will share more in the future. But more powerful than the tears of sadness at leaving this sweet body of believers is the driving conviction that it's best, it's always best to obey the voice of the Lord.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Wonderful pics of the Furr babies! Enjoy that piano!
Sunday I was celebrating a 46th wedding anniversay so I missed the NW meeting. WOW! I look forward to you blogging more about the big change!
Blessings,
Tracey

Donnetta said...

Obedience is Sweet indeed... I love that! But... not always easy. Knowing we are where God wants us makes what seems impossible... so very, very possible!

Praying for you and your journey ahead dear friend!!

Pam said...

Praying for you as you obey the Lord. Can't wait to read more details as you have the time to share.

May peace shower over you as you continue to know you are in the center of God's will.

~cjoy said...

How true that obedience is sweet, and as momrn2 said, not always easy. It sounds like there are a lot of big changes ahead, Heidi. I pray you and your family are doing well...

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Beautiful pictures! The kids are growing so fast.
God bless on wherever the Lord leades you.
You are in our prayers.
Frank