Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ecclectic






I remember a variety of music in my home growing up. Classical, hymns, contemporary christian, ragtime, children's music, etc. One of Mom's first bits of advice to me as a new mother was, "Bathe your babies in all kinds of music." I have, Mom. Every chance I get. Though I'll admit, my preferrence is jazz and classical.

I popped in my "Messiah" CD this morning, cued up one of my favorite pieces ("And He Shall Purify"), and hit play, filling the kitchen with sound. Izak looked up at me and smiled broadly, "Mom, this is my favorite music!" Yet in less than a half an hour we were all gathered around the piano singing "God Bless America", and "Stinky Cake." Ecclectic, yes, but babies bathed in music? Absolutely. Thanks, Mom.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds like our house! We have lovers of classical (Phantom of the Opera), country (Josh Turner), Celtic (Stephen McDonald), Veggietales (Larry Boy), and worship (Chris Tomlin etal.) We are bathed in it, saturating in it, and loving it. How God loves the praises of His people!!