Thursday, November 03, 2005

F5 update

The transition continues to go well. Levi is a relatively calm baby, Libby and Izak have grown accustomed to his presence. Matt is back at work, and I haven't flown the coop, or flown over the coop as the case may be. The kids and I ventured to a park down by the church and had a lovely time. Levi slept in his seat, which I hauled from site to site. The weather was balmy and sunny. I'm still surprised from time to time how strong and agile I feel. I can squeeze in small places, fit on the slides, and eat brownies for lunch if I want... it's great not being pregnant!

I'm figuring out how to make life fun on the fly as we adjust to spreading things between three kids. Izak has been relegated to the back seat of the minivan. This was not a welcomed adjustment since he's always seemed to need my help in being settled. "Mommy, here's my water, Here's my napkin. Here's my half-eaten french fry." Now he has to manage his own space, so to speak. He has cup holders and places to put things... but how do you get food to him if you're driving down the road? Well, if you see me driving down the road and turning around to chuck a chicken nugget at my toddler, don't laugh too hard. It works. He thinks it's a fantastic game. It's also useful with chocolate munchkins. And I'm a pretty good shot - so far it's mostly right between the numbers. Hope he doesn't lose an eye...

Libby is a beautiful fireball. My little mini-me, according to my mother. She'd watch Libby's antics while she was here and shake her head. "It takes me back thirty-some years in a flash." And what was it like to have me after having Stef, a handicapped child? Mom: "I was no more ready for you than I was for Stef." Great. But Libby is extremely fun and crazy. She's discovered the girl in the mirror - she spends long stretches of time working on her expressions: the smile, the head-tilt, the flirt, the uh-oh, the kiss, etc. Boy and girls... way different!

The church is pounding us with meals. We've enjoyed some fabulous cooking over the past week and a half. I can't imagine what we'd be eating if the meals were up to me... cereal, toast and crackers, maybe.

That's a quick update.

No comments: