Wednesday, October 12, 2005

39 and 1

Baby remains in solitary confinement, and shows no new signs of emerging. Mom has returned to Bay City after 10 wonderfully helpful days. I'm trying to navigate each day alone again, which isn't as easy as it sounds. I think one of the best parts about Mom's company is that it helped give me someone to talk with, and though I may have been constantly thinking about whether each moment was "it," I could talk about something else. Home alone with little ones means I don't really have the conversational selection of another adult, unless you don't mind exegeting the adventures of Blue's Clues and Riverdance a thousand times a day. I'm not a phone person, especially with two little ones bound for folly. It's nice to have another person as an "alongside one."

My last appointment was last Wednesday and my next appointment is Saturday. I feel rather despondent, so I didn't see what the rush was in getting back into the office in order to be told, "Anytime now... don't know why you haven't gone already".

Izak turns three on Sunday, bless his heart. There will be cake from Baskin Robbins and candles!

Libby has been having tough nights with multiple waking. My assumption is molars and perhaps nightmares. But her nights have been choppy... which makes my nights more choppy.

Not much else that I want to share. I'm working on being an "expectant" mom rather than a "frustrated" one. I'm not sure how I'm doing, but I've resolved that there's nothing else to really be stressed about. Mom's come and gone, Matt's into October which he prepared for mentally to have the big upheaval occur with his schedule, my hopes of a sapphire birthstone have passed... I guess all that's left is beating the snow...

No comments: