Thursday, July 28, 2005

Blessing me

God's been blessing me the past two days. My heart feels it, recognizes it... a sign of the thaw of the shock.

Yesterday I received two huge boxes of beautiful girl clothes from the Mother of Four Girls, Cheri Fox, back in Buffalo. Her friendship is steady. Her blessings are always dead-on, the exact thing that I need at the exact time. All these lovely clothes... makes me so pleased to have a little girl, perhaps two...

Yesterday Leslie called from Buffalo to ask some medical advice. It was like I had only been in her presence the day before. Beautiful, strong friend. Miles, yes, distance, no. She told me that she keeps up with me through my blog, but didn't want to intrude by leaving a comment. Sensitive to the heart-work of the move. Makes me hope that I never forget the (bitter)sweetness of the move, the eternal treasures that are emerging, the bonds of womanhood that I have been stumbling by for the past 6 months I am now beginning to grab onto...

Yesterday I talked with my friend here. And Sara told me that she thought I was very brave for moving here. And I could receive those words knowing that the light was coming at the tunnel's end. The angst and pain of wondering how I will survive each day has lessened, the ability to see the opportunities emerging is returning, the "hope of a future".

My beautiful children bless me with their soft, sweet skin, little eyes which peer into my soul. And my husband is always the jewel of my life with his kindness, humor, and handsome strength...

Just blessing after blessing.

2 comments:

Matt and Heidi said...

you're a gift, my Love.

~cjoy said...

Heidi,
Thank you for your sweet words on my blog...YOU were a blessing that day, in ways you may never know. :) I feel as though I've found a friend. Thank you.

I love watching God work (though I confess to feeling He can be painfully slow at times). He is so incredible. He truly meets our needs, doesn't He? I can really appreciate the stages of having recently moved...I moved many times as a child...many. Then, after college, I spent a year 3,000 miles away from home before moving back to get married...that was a trying year, a year of growth and a year of changes. Truly an experience I will never forget (nor would I care to repeat it, truth be told). Though single at that time, I recognize so much of what you share on your blog about moving to a new place. You are doing well...keep giving yourself time, and enjoy the blessings of the Lord as He pours them upon you.

~crystal