Sunday, October 24, 2004

A perfect evening

We had a really good day today. It was really a little crazy at the start, but ended so peacefully. This weekend Matthew was flat out at church, leading a big, huge missions weekend with some internationally heavy hitters, Clive and Ruth Calver. I was also on worship team last night and today. We had SO much fun as musicians, really rocked the house. We enjoyed working with a new drummer (Paul, the beat felt GREAT! Welcome!), did some edgy numbers, some tender pieces as well. The quality of the band was very high, and Foxy mixed it hot up in his nest. I was able to entrust the kids to some wonderful women while I led worship. Good music is like food to me. It is so completely satisfying.

Have I mentioned that Izak is picking up music? It's a little on the scary side. My Dwell (by Vineyard) CD was playing in the kitchen, he was listening so intensely, frozen, staring. And later that day he began to sing, the words, the rhythm, all correct. Spooky, but cool. It was so neat to go into his room and hear him singing a praise song. So all weekend he's been running around, "Not my will, but Yours be done. Come and change us. Not my will, but Yours be done. Come and save us. Dwell in the midst of us." Wow.

Matt came home after church and found me stretched out in the LazyBoy watching football. (Bills lost again, but New England beat the Jets. Yessss.) Libby and Izak were napping hard, so he was able to rest too. After we all crawled out of our sleeping holes (around 5p) we ordered our traditional Sunday dinner, Dominos chicken pizza. The evening was not too chilly, so we all bundled up and went for a walk as a fam. It was sweet. Izzy walked with Daddy, holding his hand. I had Libby in the Snuggli with her big, white fuzzy hat on. I think she looks like the Mad Hatter, Sue called her "the czarina". I had her buttoned inside my fleece jacket, her pink booties hung out the bottom. I also had Sailor on the leash. She was thrilled to be out for a walk again. The colors of the leaves were so pretty, An orange tree against a bold red tree, with a bright green tree alongside. My son singing praise songs, my daughter grinning contentedly. We cut throught the fields and woods on the way home, letting Sailor off her leash to run, Izak chasing along behind her, laughing.

Deep down inside me I felt like this scene was something I've longed for all my life. It was perfect.

Now, if the Red Sox would just win again tonight.. pure heaven.

No comments: