Thursday, August 05, 2004

Incoming!

Michigan family is on the way!!! My bro- and sis-in-law, their 3 boys, and Matt's parents are making the trek to see the youngest cousin. We're going to have a great time! This weekend we are dedicating Liberty to God. She will be 8 weeks and 5 days old. She will wear the ecru dedication gown, hat, and booties that my mom crocheted as an heirloom for our family. (I still have to sew the rosettes back on - they were removed for big brother). The service (and this was all Matt's idea) will be officiated by all women. They will speak, pray, and read scripture about godly womanhood. Best of all, they are living examples of outstanding women that I want Liberty to know and love. When my reflection of God is innaccurate or wharped, may she find the truth about being a daughter of the King in the women I keep in my inner circle. And may she be protected from the ones I keep in the outer circle.

I am trying to prepare myself for the sensory overload of visitors. It doesn't take much, especially when you're 1) an introvert and 2) sleep-deprived. I live life with a great deal of censorship and that requires a bit of margin. I think carefully about responses and try to monitor myself a majority of the time. It doesn't mean I'm disingenuine, just calculated. There are very few people with whom I can lift off the screen and let myself be unplugged. There's a time and a place for that, primarily with my small group ~ the Musielaks and the Gobles ~ and a few other friends. There is a balance between censorship and being totally candid. People exercising the extremes of both should, in my opinion, be avoided. But for me, I trend towards censorship. Probably out of a need for control, or image management. Something vain like that. But I'm also reminded of a saying that hung on my RD's refrigerator that inferred that the better you know someone, the greater care and courtesy you should extend to them. Now I'm not saying that shooting from the hip brings with it rudeness or meanness, but it can unintentionally if you're not careful. Which then brings you back to censorship. Lol. I'm too tired to talk about stuff like this with any coherence.

So Libby will be dedicated on Sunday, and that afternoon we will have cake. I'm planning on 30-40 people, and for once it looks like we may be able to have the party outside in the sun!

I'm running out of cogent thoughts. Two of my friends have been diagnosed with cancer in the last two weeks. More on that another time, I'm sure.

No comments: