Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary, my love!



Today is my 13-year anniversary of marriage to a fantastic man. I remember wrestling during college with whether or not I even wanted to marry. I had settled on the single life when I became friends with Matt, another campus leader at IWU. As our friendship grew, so did my respect, admiration, and attraction! What a gift I've been given. Handsome. Wise. Kind. Funny. Godly. I am blessed among women.

I love you, Matthew. A day doesn't go by that I'm not aware of your sacrificial love, your hard work, your intentional decisions, and your protection. You're my hero.

4 comments:

Pam said...

What a beautiful tribute. Y'all just keep lookin' better, Heidi.

Happy Anniversary! We'll be celebrating 14 years next month on the 18th.

Donnetta said...

I remember the honor I felt as I was invited to share that special day standing with you both.

I also remember one of your very first "dates" (maybe even your first) to the Christmas dinner theatre production in Baldwin. I even have a picture of you both together at that! :-)

How blessed I am to have been able to call you both friends for so many years! Love you guys!!!

And of course...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! :-)

Anonymous said...

God Bless you both.I miss you guys so much and think of you often.Happy Anniversary!!!!

Jeannie said...

Okay, maybe I just dreamed this, but do you remember telling me or choir, or whatever, that the moment you know you wanted to marry Matt was when he blinked his lights at a semi-truck?? Maybe I'm losing my mind...

Anyway, happy love day!! Our 13th is coming up in December - gosh I feel old...