Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Levi is dedicated




Sunday we dedicated baby Levi to the Lord Jesus. May God's hand rest on Him.

He is wearing the dedication gown that my mother crocheted. I wasn't able to put the hat on... it was so small it looked like a yarmulka. My other two children were dedicated at 6-8 weeks of age. But I did manage to cram his feet into the booties. I look forward to handing down this gown to my children.

Matt was teasingly bemoaning the fact that another one of his boys had to "wear a dress." I asked him to think of it more as a robe...

7 comments:

Pam said...

Heidi, the dress is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Tell Matt he is quite the well-adjusted new millenium kind of guy to let his sons be seen in a "dress".

My DP would have had a coronary. He's the "Wild at Heart" kind of guy and just couldn't have come to grips with the "robe/dress" whatever I would have named it. I think it's darling, and I hope you will have many grandchildren who will wear the same wonderful heirloom-to-be.

I always love to see the pictures of your family. I've been with you since right after Levi was born, and I feel like he's a nephew.

Dawn said...

What an awesome thing to pass down! I love it!!!

C-Man said...

it is a kilt i tell ya -- a kilt! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!

Donnetta said...

Thanks for sharing this very special, beautiful moment with us!!

Jeannie said...

Great pics, Heidi! Those dedications always get me...hope you are having a good week. Can you see over the side of the trench today? :)

GiBee said...

boooteeeful baby!

I havea gown that all the kids on my side of the family have been dedicated in ... except for my son ... because my husband proclaimed that his boy wasn't going to wear a dress on one of his most important days of his life.

Yeah, okay. So I sulked. And posed him for pictures only... in private.

Jeannie said...

miss heidi, the blog world waits in eager anticipation....are you okay out there???

much love and grace to you since i place blogging on a higher priority than showering these days...