Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Snow Day

Well, not exactly. My son is in bed with a fever and a nasty cough, so I called off work. It's never hard to call off in the moment because I know it's the right thing to do, but afterwards I get to thinking ($$$). This is a good thing, though. I've been running just to catch myself lately, as you can tell by my missing entries. I keep wondering if working the little that I do is a good idea. I have a peaceful, quiet, relatively simple life. I feel like is transfers directly to my kids, who are happy little critters. But as a friend said, "All home and no work makes Heidi a dull girl." It's the truth.

Matt and I had a funny moment the other day. I was watching him poke food into the garbage disposal with a wooden spoon. Careful, not too deep, I'm thinking, and I can just see splinters everywhere, but the words that come out of my mouth are, "Hey! Don't use the spoon! Use your fingers!"

1 comment:

Pam said...

Guessing it's Izak that is sick. I will pray he feels better soon. But, if he's anything like my son -- it is a nice break to have them in bed for a little while-- as long as the sickness isn't dangerous.

God will continue to open and close doors on your work situation as He sees fit. Keep listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit, and you will find the fulfillment as well as the peace you desire. He knows your needs to be more than ____ (fill in the blank) and God also knows exactly how much money ya'll need. Rest in His plans, and He will take it from there. Good to see you blogging again. Loved reading about your sister, Kat.