Thursday, February 16, 2006

RSV

Stands for really scary Valentine's! Really stupid Valentine's. Really sad Valentine's. Really (crappy) Valentine's! Well, the bug that I thought was influenza has turned out to be RSV. It started with Izak (3-yr old), and four days later the two younger ones (20 months, 4 months) began coughing. Monday, the 13th, I took both of them to the pediatrician and he did a quick RSV test on Levi - RSV positive. They also both have ear infections. So $200+ dollars later I have a slew of antibiotics, albuterol treatments with nebulizer for the wee one, a decongestant/antihistamine, and a battery of Tylenol and Ibuprofen. We spent Valentine's Day holding Libby, who wouldn't stop sobbing, flushed and feverish, and sucking boogers out of Levi to keep his tiny airway clear. God bless him, though, he still smiles amidst it all. Happy frickin' Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, Heidi! I thought we had it bad! It's much harder when the kiddos are so young. I hope that you will all be feeling better soon--it's hard on mom when the kids are sick.

I'll be back to read more later,

Thanks for stopping by at my blog and take care. I'm tucking in for the night!

Pam said...

Heidi, so sorry to hear about the RSV. I know that's especially scary for little Levi. Know ya'll are in my prayers. Know what you are going through from my own experience. Hope you and Matt have a belated time together once the wee ones are better.

Donnetta said...

Ok, Heidi, laugh with me for just a minute. I was holding my breath when I read, "You know the bug I had that I thought was the flu..." Guess what I thought was coming next??? Another wee one... It was the first thing that crossed my mind. Ok, laughing done. RSV would have never been my guess!! WOW! And all of you?? Please take care and get some rest! You know I will be praying and thinking of all of you!! Hugs and kisses around.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Holly from Chorale here! I need to check your site more often. Truly funny. Not RSV, you! Our daughter almost died from the virus in 2001, those are scary days I wish never to relive again. I'll pray for you and your little ones!