Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Learning (and un-learning)

Things I've learned since turning 30, which was several years ago...

1) The Philippines is NOT in Central or South America. It is considered an Asian country.

2) The commercial slogan "Every kiss begins with Kay's" has a double meaning: The word "Kay's" refers to both the name of the company and the letter "k," which begins the work "kiss." (I immediately tried to call my little sister when I realized that to see if she's known this all along...)

3) The term is "for all intents and purposes," not "all intensive purposes."

4) "Caps Lock" or the term "caps" is a short way of referring to the word "capital", as in capital letters.

5) The term is "Nip it in the bud," not "nip it in the butt."

6) The War of 1812 was fought in America. Napolean did not fight in the war of 1812.

7) Self-effacing humor makes you easier to live with.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hee hee! I learned #s 2 and 3 in the past few years, too. Just never told anybody else. Thanks for opening up to the world -- at least our little blogworld. BTW, your Furrbabies are adorable. I miss the chance to play in the snow with my sweeties. We run around barefoot almost all year here. So exciting to see how God is providing another outlet for fulfillment in your nursing. He isgood!

sb said...

I knew I wasn't saying #3 correctly, just didn't know what was the right way of saying it!! Thanks!