Friday, January 13, 2006

Behind

I have this overwhelming sense that I'm behind... nothing specifically, just behind in general. Can't quite keep up, managing a few steps ahead of the rolling rock (for an Indiana Jones analogy), but somewhere along the line my margin disappeared. Any mother knows the importance of keeping two, if not four, steps ahead of the pack. But then there's the general management of the dailyness of a household. I'm sure you've seen the saying, "God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things during my life. At the rate I'm going, I will never die."

Perhaps it's the grey skies. Perhaps it's because Saturday is tax day. Maybe it's my broken-up nights and endless days. Maybe it's because I'm late on my blog. Maybe it's because I've been sorting Liberty's clothes and have seen that time is really an illusion, and that life is charging forward without even looking back to see if we're following along.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Glad to see you're back! Hope you are feeling better after that bout with the flu and that your sweet ones escaped it. Please don't feel like you are behind in blogging. Blogging is supposed to be a fun, cathartic experience. Like a paper journal, it is not keeping track of how many entries you make. It is always ready for your next thoughts --whatever they may hold. Thanks for sharing them with me.

Donnetta said...

My friend,

Keep in mind your gracious heart has offered your home to so many people and given them the opportunity and privelage to visit in recent weeks. I feel behind and have had little company. You seem to be having others in your home more often than not. What a gift and a blessing you are and give to others. Company seems to throw anyone in a bit of a tail spin with the schedule, etc. Do not allow yourself to now become bogged down with defeating thoughts. You are a mother of 3 very young children, a wife, entering back into the world of nursing, a friend, and the list could go on. Who really defines "behind" anyway? Some days I am learning to be grateful we are all just alive, fed, and warm. Some days that is a successful day. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers!! I love you dear friend.