Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thank you

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for a warm, sturdy home that keeps my family safe and warm when April snows and winds hit.

Thank you that my power lines are underground and that we don't lose power for long.

Thank you that my children are over their strep throats (and Levi's additional double-ear infection).

Thank you that Levi's allergic reaction to the antibiotic was mild.

Thank you for our new used car.

Thank you that the nice gentleman that owned it only drove it 28,400 miles in ten years.

Thank you for my husband's new church, and for our new friends.

Thank you for our former church, and for our old friends.

Thank you for my job, even when it's sad.

Thank you that I can go to my job and receive perspective regarding life and it's challenges.

Thank you for Matthew.

Thank you for your hand upon His life, and the way in which he loves and blesses me.

Again, thank you for our warm, carpeted home.

Thank you that I no longer own a Newfoundland.

Thank you for the family in our new church that recently moved back to Chicagoland from Western New York.

Thank you for someone who knows what Wegmans, Weber's mustard, and Chiavetta's are about.

Thank you for your strength that carried me through Holy Week and bouyed me up under extra evenings without Matt.

Thank you for every day that Matt gets home safely from work.

Thank you for this day.

Amen.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Beautiful list, Heidi. My thanks tank is up, too. Glad to see how God is filling yours.

Would love to hear more about your new church when you have a chance to post. May God walk before you through this transition in your family.