Tuesday, May 02, 2006

This week at the Furr Funny Farm

New items:

*Matt had a five day trip to Boston at the beginning of the month. He was gone 94.5 hours.
*I still don't feel like I've been able to catch up from when he was gone, hence, the enormous gap in my blogging.
*I received my early Mother's Day gift from Matt and the kids - an amazing new camera with all kinds of bells and whistles. What gorgeous pictures I've been capturing. I may not scrapbook, but I do take lots of pics.
*Libby is starting to try more words. She babbles and gargbles in coversation form, but real live phrases are starting to emerge. The most popular: "Hewp, hewp." (Help, help.)
*Levi is thinking about pushing through some teeth, though I see no real redness yet. I can't believe he's 6 months old and I'm still exclusively breastfeeding, though most days I wonder if I can possible make enough to fill his gullet anymore. I haven't had the time to even think about introducing solids yet. That, and I accidently melted the highchair.
*Izak is very fond of being "the baby" now. Carry me, let me sit on your "yap", sit in Yibby's seat in the car and at the table. Libby doesn't care one bit.
*We're painting. So far, two walls are completed. Only 41 to go.

Things that I'm finding to be over-rated:
*A sparkling clean home.
*My need for sleep.
*Fighting every battle.
*Annuals.
*Play dates.
*Daily showers.

Things that I'm finding to have been comletely under-rated:
*Playing with your children.
*Blowing bubbles - incredibly therapeutic. I would highly recommend it to a few world leaders.
*The power of a pretty pedicure (This month it's red background with beautiful flowers on all toes.)
*The ability to listen.
*Japenese steakhouse restaraunts.
*Winning the war. (I'm speaking as a mom, not making political statements)
*Perennials.
*Fostering friendship among sibilings.

4 comments:

Pam said...

What kind of camera did you get? The pictures are beautiful! I just got a new one, too, and I am loving it already. I just need to figure out how to load them on my blog. Guess I need to read the directions, don't I?

The toes sound darling. I can barely keep mine painted solid red, let alone the flowers.

Love the "hewp, hewp." I miss the new talking in our house. Baby days are a thing of the past for right now.

IndyMom said...

I've done some scrapbooking but with 3 kids I have less time to do it now. Snapfish and mypublisher.com (and I'm sure there are other sites too) allow you to upload pictures organize them and add captions and then have them printed as a book. I've made a couple books for my mother-in-law. She loved the books.
Digital cameras are great!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Heidi- as a mother of three young children, I couldn't have enjoyed this latest blog entry more if tried. Yeah, the whole daily shower thing....do people actually do that???

Heth said...

Your over-rated/under-rated lists are great!