Saturday, April 01, 2006

Reflecting on my Blog

My friend has been very open to receiving comments on her blog about the art of blogging and blog etiquette. She is a fairly new blogger (see Donut's blog "A Quiet Corner") but has a real gift for communicating. She's a warm person, a good friend, and it just flows out of her writing. I look at my blog and wonder if I've been fair when I opened this cyber-relational-account with the universe. Can I keep up? Will I carry my relational weight in the world of bloggers?

"Post every other day." My real preference is twice a week, but lately writing is a luxury item, like sleep. Or I could post a bunch of stuff all at once! Like pictures of my toes! Yeah! Good grief, what a loser. (laughing)

"Paragraphs." Got it.

"Easy on the eyes." Fine.

"Humorous." That's actually been my preference too lately. Life's hard. Let's laugh!!

"Leave comments." Uh-oh.

"No lurking." Double uh-oh.

If I do not comment, I do not intend to be rude or presumptuous. Twelve hours a day I'm usually somewhere between refereeing sibling interactions ("We do NOT push our friends!"), breastfeeding Mr. Boobie, or diving through the air to catch something being pulled over by Liberty, a.k.a., the Death Cheater. After the kids are in bed, I slump onto the couch with a little stream of drool coming from my mouth. Day over.

And I love to read your blogs, but I have such profound responses that 1) I cannot concisely capture what I want to tell you in a short period of time, and 2) I ran out of grown-up vocabulary about 5 hours ago. Just know that your blogs are very special places to me. Good writing. Good stories. Good reflection. It helps me feel like there are others trotting along this same path along with me. Feel free to lurk here, weary moms. Even if no one read me, I think I'd still blog. It's done wonders for clearing out nagging thoughts and funny scenes that occasionally stick in my head.

4 comments:

~cjoy said...

I have reflected on my blog recently, but not posted those thoughts. I do not post as regularly as I'd like, usually prefer to lurk than comment, and have decided that my blog has to be for me and me alone. Everyone else is welcome to share it, however. :)

As for your comments--when I get them, they are always encouraging, and I thank you. Especially your last one. I might just take you upon that offer soon...my email is on my profile page, so feel free to do use it...

Donnetta said...

Oh dear friend, I hope you are not feeling any pressure of what blogging should or should not be. What you should or should not do. I did not intend to have that happen at all! I love your place and I know that each and every post is "special" because of the time you have (ok, don't have) available right now. You know you can lurk at my place as much or little as you want. Some credit for everything you see/ read/ hear at my place goes to you for getting me to start this whole thing in the first place!! This is all your fault you know. (tee hee hee :-) )

Thanks for the words you shared here about me. I was/ am humbled by such words. Those made my day! I love you dear friend. Thanks for being one of the dearest, greatest, most longest time friends a person could ever have!!

Pam said...

Heidi, I ditto the "Donut" in this case. Let the blogging come when you have time. We cherish what you have to say . . . when you feel like you have time to say it. Otherwise, just read, soak and be encouraged by those out there who are emptying their hearts on the internet.

BTW, I loved your pictures of your toes. : ) Not a loser thing to do at all.

You are a precious sister in Christ, Heidi, and I consider it completely providential that God had me stumble across you and your dear long-time friend totally separate from one another. How cool is that!!

May God remind you today that You Are who He says you are! I'll keep checkin' in on you, friend. The new pics are darling, btw, love Liberty's boots!

Trina said...

I LOVE your blog! I just caught your comment about liking my boys' names. Thank you for that, very sweet! Yeah its fun to get comments, but we cant all be greedy can we? hehehe
I am glad you stopped by and I will be back often here as well. Have a great, busy, hectic, loving, and all the rest day as a MOM!